April 10, 2010
Gym notes Nov 09-April 10
This is the second set of exercises (excluding warm ups) (stars are for RSI). All 3 x 10-12.
1) Iron cross, 1 kg (5 STAR)
I found this particularly hard on my shoulders, but after 29 rounds over 5 months I was able to cope with 3 sets, in some pain. I also started bending more steeply as the experience was gained with this exercise.
2) Standing cable row (with squat) 50kilo (start) (3 STAR)
I found this to be relatively easy, so increased to 70 plus (start 75, then 70, twice) quite early on. I’m not sure if this had any significant affect on RSI.
3) Dumbell chest press on Swiss Ball with pelvic thrust, squeeze glutes (5 kilo start) (3 STAR)
This was the easiest of all. Increased to 8 kg dumbells early on. Not sure if this had any significant affect on RSI.
4) Barbell: Upright row – elbows higher than wrists. 12.5 kilo start (5 STAR)
This was definitely very useful in strengthening the neck muscles and upper back. It was extremely difficult to do 3 sets initially, but later I have done (30, 25, 22.5) in one set.
5) Dumbell bicep curls with shoulder press curl, twist, press, down, untwist, uncurl. 5 kilo start (5 STAR)
This is a great exercise, and very challenging on the upper back. It was virtually impossible to do 3 sets with even 2 kilo weights initially. Finally I’ve achieved (6,5,4 kilo) in one set. Very strenuous.
I’m excluding other exercises and swim, etc.
Note: the video links are not always the precise exercise I’ve been doing, but close enough.